From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ctrl+c in extraputty

Hi all,

I need to work with SSH, telnet and serial port connections with several devices in my sequence, and as conclusion of a search for internet and TestSTand forums, I chose the Extraputty.dll to solve the problem, and after some months in my opinion works quite well.

However, I need send instrucciones like ctrl+c in any of the previous connections.

I have tried differents strings (<CTRL>C,\x05,^c) in the parameter Command of the Send-Retreived data Step of Extraputty but nothing.

Any reference or idea?

If you know another method different to Extraputty to realize this connections is welcome too but I don't have LabView.

Thanks in advance.

Pablo M.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,108 Views)
Instead of saying what you don't have, why don't you say what you do?

In any case, you just need to send the actual control code which I believe is 0x03 but you should double check that in your ascii tsble
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,089 Views)

I wish I could give the original poster a thousand negative kudos for not posting his solution. Truly the worst of Internet etiquette.

Since I cannot, I will post my solution. You need to change the "Settings" parameter in the "Send-Received data" step to 2, and then in the command enter "<CTRL>C", including the comment, since it is a string.

By applying '2' to the "settings" parameter you enable special commands, listed here: http://www.extraputty.com/htmldoc/AppendixA.html

It is explained in 7.2.2.2 of the manual http://www.extraputty.com/htmldoc/Chapter7.html.

"Settings Bit fields of settings (2^0 : CRLF (0 send,1 not send),2^1 : Virtual key codes (0 no virtual key codes in command,1 yes)...reserved)"

Message 3 of 4
(2,560 Views)

A lot of thanks, your answer is very usefull! I really appreciate it.

Best regards

Message 4 of 4
(2,555 Views)