NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting teststand to remote database

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a test station on the factory floor running teststand.  I want to log/query a database that is located on a network server in my facility over ethernet.  Can TestStand using its database step types address/access this database for posting and querying records ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,838 Views)

Hi,

To read the data from DB server you can use database step types ( check help and examples provided).

Alternatively you can also use (Tools--> DB Viewer) to view the data and run SQL statements.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,823 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author id

TestStand database features, including the Database step types use Microsoft ADO/OLE-DB layer and providers installed on a system. Microsoft has a ODBC provider, so TestStand can talk to any remote database system that supports that software technology. Take a look at the help topic "TestStand Database Fundamentals" in the online help for more background on that. Ravi's suggestion to look at the example is right on.

The TestStand Database step types are a way to access a database at a high level, but if you want to process the data in a more complicated way, you may want to consider performing your database connectivity and processing in a code module using the programming language of your choice and call that code module from TestStand.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,811 Views)