NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command line

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I resp. users would like to start and execute a TestStand sequence over LabView UI TestExec.exe in a script started by a schedule. I have tried to do it and it works OK except one thing, which makes it impossible : login. Users will execute their script somewhere in the midnight so that nobody can press the key. Do anybody know how to avoid login ? Or to login automatically? I read that Teststand uses windows login, but I haven't understood how to organize it.

Thank you in advance for tips and ideas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,625 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pericles

Hi

There is an option called "Automatically Login Windows System User" under User Manager Tab in Station Options. If you set that option TestStand will automatically login to the Windows user.

More details can be found in TestStand Help. (TestStand Help-->Environment Reference-->Dialog Boxes-->Station Options Dialog Box-->User Manager Tab)

Deepak

Message 2 of 4
(4,622 Views)

Hi! I tried it already - I mean, I set already "automatically login Windows user", but I still have by start the login window. Users will tear me in peaces, when they see it again :-(Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,620 Views)

Well, due to your tip about the Teststand Help I created a user with the name =windows login name and now it starts without password. Obviously I have to do the same on the mashine where users run their script. Or may try to change FrontEndCallback to remove login. In any case I have a solution - thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,615 Views)