From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use Rendezvous only in sigle pass test mode?

Hello,

can I use Rendezvous only in sigle pass test mode? see my example attached, I created a new thread and wait them end use Rendezvous,but not success,pls help check,thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,242 Views)

Hi,

Is there a particular reason you want to use Rendezvous?

Why not wait for the thread to finish by using the Thread option on Wait?  This can be acheived by:

(1) Calling the subsequence "test1" as a new thread and storing an object reference, eg. Locals.objrefTest1

(2) Add a Wait step and select the Thread option, Specify by Object Reference to the Thread - "Locals.objrefTest1"

See the example attached.

Regards,

Charlie

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,230 Views)

Hello,

Thanks,I know the way you mentioned.

I just want to know why Rendezvous only can wait the threads from different sockets,but can 't wait the threads from the same socket.  from help file,I also can't get the answer.

Regards

Tang

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,211 Views)

I know the reason,I should aslo add Rendezvous wait step at the end of the new thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,202 Views)