NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call NI VIsion Assistance using NI Teststand

Hello All,

Cal you please let me know how to call vision assistance using NI Teststand .Pass the image and get back / return back the value . Example if I want to use color matching then the step should return the value as pass or fail .

Could you please let me know how to call vision assistance using NI Teststand

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,588 Views)

Hello,

I'm not sure completely what you would like as the end user experience but I'd like to first clarify that it is discouraged to call GUI's to appear to the end user in TestStand.

What you could however do is using Vision Assistance to create code modules such as LabVIEW, C#, VB and so forth to then compile this as DLL's and call within TestStand as steps. If you want the end user to however be able to use Vision Assistance, I would suggest to instead consider integrating this into your front end GUI that you will eventually develop when creating the TestStand test rig.

Since generally TestStand is used in production lines, you usually want it to execute and complete tests at a rapid pace, intergrating a GUI requires user input before proceeding with a test. Front end GUI's should only really be used for configuring a sequence prior to execution, monitoring progress and debugging when necessary.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,482 Views)