From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to migrate teststand project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all. I'm new in teststand

I have to work again on an old ramp piloted by a teststand core. for this, I first have to copy every data with another computer, just to see the source codes and .seq files, since I cannot work directly from the ramp

After copying the workspace, a lot of things don't work / are not recognized anymore in the source code. the principal one is the station globals. is it stored somewhere else from the project repertory? can you indicate all of the things outside from the project I have to copy with my project and with which way?

thanks for your help

Pierre FCentum TNS, Grenoble
Certified LabVIEW Associated Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,734 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pierre_F

It isn't trivial to just simply copy like this.  There is so much that goes into a TestStand automation.  Consider the following components that make up a TestStand system:

• Process Model/s and support code
  • Client sequence file and dependencies (VIs, DLLs, Assemblies, etc...)
  • Cfg files (station settings, stationglobals, search directories, reporting options, etc...)
  • User Interface
  • Engines
  • Drivers
  • And much more

Station globals are stored in the config directory.  Usually stored here: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2010 SP1\Cfg on Windows 7. 

In addition to the configuration settings the most important thing to copy over would be the .seq file and all of its dependencies.  You would need to go through it step by step to figure out what all of those are.  And then to top that off you need to make sure that when you do copy them over they are reachable by the search directories (of if using absolute paths that they are in the exact same spot). 

The best way to move a TestStand system is to deploy it.  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EE3382373D209449862570A5006572F0

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,721 Views)