NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch option "One thread only".

For an application i use the batch model with 7 testsockets

A few sub sequences use the batch option "One thread only". When this sequence fails/error i get this error message from the other testsockets

-17500 - Error message: An error occurred while performing batch synchronization on the step. The thread that entered the One Thread Only synchronized section that this thread is waiting on reported a run-time error while inside of the section.

How can i avoid this errormessage and what exactly does this mean ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,460 Views)

Are you using it on a single step or an entire sequence?

I'm pretty sure that one you use one thread only and the threads synchronize after the one thread is done then the error is propagated to all the other threads that didn't run.

You have many options for suppressing the error but do you really want to do that?  What if the step is setting the temperature on a thermal chamber and it didn't set properly.  Do you really want the other threads to continue?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,402 Views)

Hello jigg

Of course i want a error messages when something is wrong but i want to handle the other threads that are waiting until the "one thread" is finished in a correct way. And because this thead doesn't finich correctly they keep waiting. How do i handle these kind of situations properly ?

By the way, this is the first time that i use a batch model 😁

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,394 Views)

I don't see the behavior you are describing when I test it out.  Are you doing the one thread only on a single step or are you using the batch synchronization step around a bunch of steps?  

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,386 Views)

I use the One thread only on a sub sequence (Pretest in the example below). The thread that executes the sub sequence will come back with error.code -1. The rest of the threads will give error code -17500 but this will be normal behavior then.  I thought that i did something wrong. I thought that the other threads were still waiting on that error thread to finish and that my program hang, but that is not the case

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,381 Views)

So it looks like you are all good then?

Let me know if you have other questions.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,377 Views)