cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

api dll windows 10 teststand 2014 SP1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm searching a fix to my issue since few hours but I found nothing. I'm working on Teststand 2014 SP1 32bits with a windows 10.

I made a sequence on the same version of teststand on a windows 7 but I now have a windows 10. I openned my sequence (which worked well on W7) on W10 but when i'm exécuting it I have the following message.

http://puu.sh/pizsw/deabdd594d.png

I tried to install the W10 SDK, and some versions of Visual studio but didn't work. On my 64 bit version i have an other message which seems normal cause it says TS is unable to open my 32 bits DLLs.

I think i forgot to install something but I don't find what, if soemone found a solution at this problem, should be great to share 😃

Best regards,

Guillaume

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,066 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guillaume73

It would be wise for you to recompile DLL-07_modbus.dll to work on Windows 10.  It looks like all of its dependencies are specific to W7.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 6
(4,039 Views)

Or at least the relative paths to the system DLLs is incorrect.  I'm not familiar with the folder structure in W10.  So where are these DLLs located on W10 relative to W7?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,038 Views)

Hi jiggawax,

I'm using a relative path so it should be a problem, TS is finding the DDLs. The DLLs version should be the problem i guess because they are made by LabWindows which isn't compatible with W10 yet. Do you think that can be the origin of my issue ? When LabWindows will be compatible with W10 ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Guillaume

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,026 Views)

This should help you understand when it will support W10:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52818/en/

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 5 of 6
(4,004 Views)

Thank you to your help, really helped me.

Best regards,

Guillaume

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,993 Views)