From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET control doesnt work on Teststand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

My problem is exactly the same as this one (same library used) : http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Why-XNET-Signal-Control-works-on-packed-library-LabView-but/m-p...

As noone answered this, I try again!

I am trying to load a .dbc file with a XNET control. Indeed, the "XNET signal" control on Labview able us to find and load the .dbc file (opening a popup window to search the file onto directories).

This works fine in my LabVIEW VI and in my packed library. But when I call my VI from Teststand, the popup window doesnt open and I am not able to find my .dbc file.

I noticed that it doesnt work only on runtime mode and it actually works on development mode.

You could find attached, a very simple VI and sequence (calling the VI)  to reproduce the issue.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,664 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LoisLbs

Hi everyone,

The customer called the support and we "solved" the issue. The TestStand sequence works fine when I recompiled the VI in LabVIEW 2015 (I just saved it). Don't forget to reload the VI Protoype in TestStand when you recompil it.

But then I noticed that this wasn't working with LabVIEW 2014 SP1. The customer uses LabVIEW 2012 SP1, we finally concluded that the issue was solved with LabVIEW 2015 but not with the previous version. Therefore the customer had to find a workaround to select the right .dmc file.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,625 Views)