NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write/Read Text File In TestStand 14

I have an application which I flash a circuit board. There are offsets which must be stored into 12 locals variables (locals.var1, locals.var2...) (1) I want to pass those offsets into a text file so that at some point we can (2) reload them into the board after repair. Each board has a unique serial number which I want to use as a filename. I thought about using the PropertyLoader to read the text file but each file would have a unique name. Can someone show me how I can create a solution to my problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,010 Views)

If the issue is a unique file name, you can use an expression to specify the file name.  In my own case, I might use different property loader files in the same sequence, but there are different values for different countries or different "flavors" of product.  Below is a picture.  (Note that this example uses the "Legacy" property loader.)  Here, "MyFilePath" is determined by the model number and/or serial number that the user enters in PreUUT.

propertyloader.PNG

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,989 Views)

This would take care of the unique file names. Unfortunately, I get an error box complaining about the limits file. TestStand is looking for a limits file with the new filename. I tried initially placing the PropertyLoader in MainSequence, then in Cleanup and then in its own sub-sequence. All with the same result, looking for new limits file names.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,979 Views)

Perhaps I don't understand the issue.  By the time the property loader step is called, does the file not exist yet?  This method won't work if the file doesn't exist.  

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,974 Views)

Attached is a simple file I created to run the PropertyLoader after the data is collected. Hopefully you will see the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,972 Views)

So you would need to create this file before calling the property loader step, so I wouldn't expect the property loader step to work.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,970 Views)