NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write DO Read DI boolean array

Hello,

I am trying to build a test application to exercise Compact FieldPoint cFP-DO-403 and cFP-DI-302 modules.  I have my hardware configured correctly through MAX, and have been able to write values to the cFP-DO-403 board and can see that outputs are enabled through the status LEDs on the module.  Additionally I am able to run the FP Getting Started "Digital Output.vi" and "Digital Input.vi".

My application will be similar to these Getting Started examples where I want to be able to write values to the cFP-DO-403 to enable
output channels, and read values from the cFP-DI-302 to see state changes.

Similar to the "Digital Output.vi", I'd like to have a control that is made up of multiple toggle switches (or some other button interface), but I am unsure of how to do this.  

I wired a "I/O Field Point Const" (with all ports from the cFP-DO-403 selected) to the "FieldPoint I/O Point In" input of a "FP Read (Polymorphic).vi".   I then created a control wired to the "values" input of the "FP Read (Polymorphic).vi", selecting its type to "FP Write (Boolean Array - IO)". 

After creating these connections in the LabView Block Diagram view, I see that a single push button was placed on the LabView Front Panel for this VI that has an edit control tied to it allowing the user to choose the index for which output they wish to control when selecting the button.  This works fine, but I'd rather be able to have a bank of buttons, one for each output channel.  How do I change this interface?  Do you have any documentation that would walk me through this process? 

Alternatively, I'd like to be able to write input values based on a user defined variable that would change during loop iterations.  Can you explain how to do this also?

Once I'm able to write to the cFP-DO-403, I then want to read values from the cFP-DI-302 module to enable indicator LEDs showing Input state changes.  Any additional information you have to do this would also be appreciated.  I assume that I will be creating some type of container for both the multi-button input control and multi LED output indicator.

Thank you for your assistance.

Bob Bamberg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,085 Views)

Bobby,

You should repost to the LabVIEW forum. You will get more response.

Try attaching an example, also say what version of labview you are using.

Regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,070 Views)
It's more of a FieldPoint question.  In the future please make the topic there.  Here is the link to the LabVIEW forum copy.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=273852

I'll take a look at this later today.

Trey B
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Message Edited by Trey B on 09-25-2007 10:48 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,054 Views)

Trey,

Thanks for your help.  Your instructions were great.  I'm going to be looking into automating the system tomorrow using variables to drive my digital outputs rather than the buttons I added today.

Thanks Again,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,034 Views)