From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will NI be releasing TestStand for Linix in the future?

With regards to 'what kind of support you need', I can comment what I would like and use if TS was on Linux. I would want to embed a TS Engine on each Linux RT controller I have. I generally have NI Controllers separated by system type (one for vacuum, one for motors, etc). Having a sequencer per subsystem lets me create base actions (turning on means this port plus data manipulation and logging), but the 'business logic' can be TS sequences. Then I'd like remote Operator Interfaces that would display the steps of that sequence (vacuum system is running sequence 'shutdown' and is on step 'wait for pressure to drop in second chamber'). I would also want a master sequencer that directs and coordinates the multiple embedded sequencers.

- Regards,

Beutlich
Message 11 of 17
(2,037 Views)

Well, ok you can make a reasonable argument that if you can find an original iPod on eBay for $20k, that there will always be Windows x86 and x64 computers that support ActiveX for sale on Amazon. And that's fine if that's what you need or want. 

Maybe this is just a "prepper" style discussion. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,019 Views)

In our case we have one major customer threatening not to buy any more of our test systems unless we can provide Linux as the OS because they don't like Windows-based systems (strange, isn't it Smiley Wink?). So ideally we need the same level of capability and support that is provided for TestStand and LabVIEW in Windows, but if there were a few limitations we could probably work around it.

Message 13 of 17
(1,998 Views)

Supposedly Labview will install and run on Linux, with limited distro support (RH, CentOS, SUSE):  

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kG1MSAU&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,986 Views)

The NI TestStand is not supported on Linux Platform as it is built on ActiveX calls. The NI TestStand Software supports the following operating systems: Windows 10/8.1/7 SP1. Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,934 Views)

The NI TestStand is not supported on Linux Platform as it is built on ActiveX calls. The NI TestStand Software supports the following operating systems: Windows 10/8.1/7 SP1. Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1. TutuApp aadhar card Onlinesbi

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,922 Views)

First read the thread. 

A step often overlooked but greatly appreciated. 

Then try to understand the thread. 

Then post in it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,886 Views)