From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't my GPIB-ENET device an option in MAX after TestStand deployment?

I have built a Test Stand deployment that includes NI MAX and what I think are all the required drivers and components. I go to my test machine after installing the deployment and try and configure MAX. I am trying to create a new GPIB-ENET/100/1000 device however under Network Devices that is not an option. This is the first deployment I have built since upgrading to this version from 2013. I am now running NI Developer Suite 2016. I have done this many times before. Any ideas as to what could be missing from my deployment file that would keep me from having this option? I have more choices than before as far as different things to add but none is the GPIB-ENET device.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Troy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,561 Views)

So I went and created my GPIB-ENET controller using the GPIB Ethernet Wizard. It worked fine, found my controller, and is working properly. The next problem with it now is I cannot scan for my instruments. The option is not there. I imported my .nce file and my aliases etc are showing up under my system. However the option to scan for instruments is not there so I am still stuck. Any help with this one would be appreciated. I still think this is related to the fact that I couldn't create a new GPIB-ENET controller within MAX itself.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,550 Views)

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the Software dropdown in MAX so I can see what drivers you have installed? In particular I want to make sure you have NI-488.2 installed.

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,541 Views)

James, you beat me to the update. I actually called into support this morning and the problem is resolved. I did not see the check box in the deployment utility under drivers and components that was checked to only display runtime installers. Therefore I only had the NI-488.2 15.5 runtime installed which does not allow configuration of the GPIB-ENET device in MAX. After un-checking the box I could now see the NI-488.2 15.5 Application Development Support 15.5. I included that in my deployment and that fixed the problem. I simply overlooked the check box so the configuration drivers were not selected or installed.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Troy

Message 4 of 5
(3,539 Views)

Ahh. Glad you got it working!

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,519 Views)