From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does TestStand 2010 SP1 not find functions in DLLs compiled in Visual Basic 2010 Express?

Hello,

TestStand 2010 SP1 does not appear to be able to find any functions in DLLs compiled by Visual Basic 2010 Express. I have spent large amounts of time trying to find a solution to this problem, but had no success.

The program I have compiled is a C++ program; I declared the functions to be exported using __cdeclspec(dllexport) in the definition of the function prototype.

The DLL can be found and opened, but the functions in the DLL can't be accessed from TestStand. Does anyone have an idea why this might be the case?

Thanks in advance!

D.W.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,236 Views)

D.W.,

is this Visual Basic .NET? If so, the C/C++ adapter is the wrong choice. You have to pick the .NET adapter.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,228 Views)

Did you mean __declspec(dllexport) rather than __cdeclspec(dllexport) and Visual Studio 2010 express rather than Visual Basic 2010 Express? If so then it should work. Are you using __declspec(dllexport) on the definition of the function or just the prototype in a header? It should probably be in both places. Perhaps if you post the prototype of the function here we might have a better idea of what's happening. Also are you sure TestStand is finding the latest version of your dll. Make sure the path control is resolving to the version of the dll you think it is.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,221 Views)