NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does TS Operator Interface Resource file not update panel labels correctly?

There seems to be a problem with TS1.0.2 with the retrieval of Resource strings. If there are other INI files in the Components\User\Language\English directory other than the "OperatorInterfaceStrings.ini" file, the default operator interface seems to randomly use other files when attempting to get the resource strings to update my panel labels. The problem occured when I created a copy of the original "copy*.ini" file and my OI kept using the text values from the old file even after closing the OI and restarting it. Would like to know why.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,019 Views)
Hi Todd,

In the \User\Language\English directory should be a file called CustomStrings.ini.

Put your additional Resource strings in this file and keep your default ini files unaltered in the \NI\.. folder.

Follow the structure as per the default inis and as per the user manual.

This should sort your problem out.
Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,019 Views)
Todd,

The file names are not significant, TestStand loads all string files in the current language directory. What matters are the section and tag names. If two files define the same section and tag, the last file that TestStand happens to load defines the tag value.

Thus, you must place your backup string files in a different directory.

- James
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,019 Views)