NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do some test steps fail to execute ?

I have written a sequence that uses custom defined step types and calls sequences that also use custom step types. The first test steps (at the main level and some sequence calls) all seems to execute properly. However during the last two sequence calls only the first two or three steps execute then the sequence returns to the main sequence and continues. I can run the sequence in the development enviroment and all steps execute. The problem occurs when I execute the sequence using a custom interface written using LabVIEW. The problem doesn't happen every time with the custom GUI (some times after running the sequence in the development enviroment it will work when run from the custom GUI) It appears always execute properly when
using the development enviroment. Any ideas why I am seeing this behavior ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Hi Jake,

A bit more information is required,

What versions are your running,
Any error messages,
Are you running with the RuntimeServer from your GUI, If so do you have the same problem if to configure the use LabVIEW as the server.

Have you tried putting break points on these steps and stepping into the steps to see whats going on.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Ray thanks for your help,

from help about screen (in TestStand)
TS Editor Version 2.01
TS Engine Version 2.0.1.f.1

from about help (in LabVIEW)
Version 6.1

There are no error messages generated when running the sequence (from TS or the LabVIEW GUI).

I have stepped through the main sequence (and into the subsequences) when running from TS and didn't see any abnormal behavior (i.e. all steps appear to execute and return values as expected).

The LV GUI (I have written) isn't as sophisticated as the TS editor or the NI supplied user interfaces and doesn't support breakpoints or single stepping.

I had written the custom step types and included them in the main (and subsequences) earlier and did not note any problems. Later I modified several of t
hem (to change the post actions and some other attributes) by opening them from the pallet view in the TS editor. When I saved them I checked update all loaded steps of this type. It may be unrelated but I think my problems began after this. I am also wondering if there could be a flag or setting that is getting changed (or over riden) when the sequence is executed from the TS editor since it appears that after having run the sequence in TS then opening the LV GUI and running it, it will sometimes then execute all of the steps properly.

-Jake Cox
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Hello Jake -

Out of curousity, have you tried to run your code using the full version of the Operator Interface for LabVIEW? Or perhaps, have you tried the 'simple'version of the interface available in the /Examples/OperatorInterfaces folder? If you could try either of these and see if you get similar behavior to what you are seeing in your own GUI, it may provide some insight into what is happening.

-Regards

Elaine R.
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Elaine,

Good idea -I'll try it this afternoon/evening and see what happens.

Jake
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Testing
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Cooment
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,298 Views)