From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I change the User's Password?

Hi,

I'm inside the User Manager (logged in as a 'administrator') and can't modify any value. The value grey is grey!

How can I fix that?

Thanks
Rafi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,391 Views)
Rafi,

Log in as Adminstrator and right click on the desired user go for properties there you have an option to change the current password and assign a new password.

If any queries let me know.

-Anil
Anil-B'lore
Message 2 of 7
(5,387 Views)
Rafi -
If necessary you can always shutdown TestStand, delete the teststand\cfg\users.ini file, and restart TestStand, to get the default administrator login back, but you will loose any new users that you may have added.
Scott Richardson
Message 3 of 7
(5,375 Views)

I have having the same issue. I have deleted the Users.ini file and reset the users. However, I am still unable to change the password of any users from the User Manager.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,340 Views)

Ugh... ignore that last post. Figured it out. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,334 Views)

What was your solution?????

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,493 Views)

FYI, What worked for me was after creating the user via right clicking "Users"--> "Insert User", I found that by double clicking on the new user's name in the Users list, it opened a new window that then further allowed me to set up passwords and such for that user.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,185 Views)