From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which "Output Name" in ReportOptions.Directory target in ReportOptions callback

Solved!
Go to solution

In "Result Processing", I have two "Generate Report" steps. These two steps save the report in two different locations. I want to change the directory dynamically in the TestStand sequence using Report Options callback for the one step and leave the directory path for the other step unchanged.

Is this possible in ReportOptions callback?

Does ReportOptions callback directory parameter target only the directory for the first "Generate Report" step?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,325 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SumitN

I assume you mean you have two report processing configurations in the Result Processing dialog box.

Your ReportOptions callback is called separately for each configuration. In the callback, the configured settings are passed in the ModelPlugin parameter. The report specific settings are under Parameters.ModelPlugin.PluginSpecific.Options.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,305 Views)

Thanks James,

I can use Parameters.ModelPlugin.PluginSpecific.Options.BaseName to point to the result processing configuration I would like to target to change the directory path.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,292 Views)

Also, cant I use Parameters.ReportOptions.BaseName in place of Parameters.ModelPlugin.PluginSpecific.Options.BaseName

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,284 Views)

Yes, Parameters.ReportOptions is just a shortcut to Parameters.ModelPlugin.PluginSpecific.Options.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,282 Views)

So I assumed BaseName points to the name of the configuration. Is BaseName the "Output Name" that is shown in the "Result Processing" dialog? If not, I am not sure which variable to check for the "Output Name".

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,280 Views)

BaseName is the text entered in the Report Options [dialog] >> Report File Pathname [tab] >> Generate Report Path [group box] >> Base Name [edit control].

You can edit the options, breakpoint in the ReportOption callback, and then explore the contents of the parameters in the variables view to quickly see what values are in what places.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,276 Views)

Found the variable that has the "Output Name": 

Parameters.ModelPlugin.Base.DisplayNameExpression
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,266 Views)