NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in TestStand is the path of the ReportGen files determined?

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings All,

I'm looking for the file that determines the file path to the ReportGen_xxx.seq files.  I've noticed that there are files in the C:Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2010\Components\Models\TestStandModels and similar files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2010\Components\Models\TestStandModels.  I gather that the Program File section is used by Default, please correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm interested in understanding how to call these ReportGen's from other locations or how do I call the ones in the Documents and Settings folder.  This is something that a fellow co-worker and myself were discussing today with reference to the modified SequentialModels that I created some time ago and never thought which location it was coming from so at the time I placed the file in both location.  Thank you in advance for an information that you provide me.

Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,808 Views)

Scott,

If you look in your search directories you can find your answer.  The Public Components Directory comes BEFORE the TestStand Components directory.  Therefore if it is not found in the public one then it looks in the TestStand one.

Technically you should never touch anything in the TestStand folder.  All modifications should be made in the public folder.  It is a way to "override" the default behavior.  And if it doesn't exist in the public folder and you want to modify it then copy it over and modify it.  Keeping the same folder hierarchy that is in the TestStand folder.

So to answer your question.  The path is coming from your search directories.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 3
(3,806 Views)
Solution
Accepted by new2c2008

Hi jigg,

Thank you for the reply and many thanks for the information it helped out.

Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,776 Views)