From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find general API help?

I seriously cannot follow the API for TestStand.  I have coded up a LV routine that can add/remove measurements and limits from a multiple numeric limit test- but some of the items completely elude me.

For example, if I leave a single measurement in the list on the MNLT test, I can clone it, update the parameters I know about, and all the results look good.

BUT if I just add a new one (rather than cloning the old one), and set the parameters I think are important, the report will not contain columns for the Units, comp, limits, etc.  But I can't seem to find any information on what properties would cause this.

I can't find documentation to tell me what properties and values exist in each of these PropertyObjects, and I can't even seem to pull info about what's available by calling API props/methods at runtime.  It's like you have to know what you are looking for ahead of time.

Also (and I asked this in another question), I can't seem to find the correct "NumericFormat" property in order to set the format of the number in the report.  I created a step with serveral non-standard formats and tried to use the API to find them at runtime, and I literally cannot find them.

Am I missing something?  WHERE IS THE API DOCUMENTATION FOR THESE ITEMS?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(746 Views)

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsapiref/reftopics/teststandobjects/

I agree, finding a proper help page in TS is hard sometimes.

But in the expression pane, you can right-click the method/property and open API help.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(705 Views)