From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are Report Options settings stored locally?

Solved!
Go to solution

Where (folder/file) are the settings stored on computer for things like Report Options, etc.?  Is it a .INI file we can view?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,966 Views)

Most of those settings are stored in the "TSAppData\Cfg" folder, which is located in a directory similar to C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2019 (32-bit)\Cfg.  Most specifically on the report options, dive deeper into the ModelPlugins folder to find ResultProcessing.cfg.  This is actually an XML file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,956 Views)

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,951 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author testergi

By Report Options UI, you are referring to when you go to Configure -> Result Processing? I'm also assuming you are using a default Process Model, because the behavior can change if you are using a custom one.

But by default, all that information is saved to "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand ###\Cfg\ModelPlugins\ResultProcessing.cfg"

It updates when you close out of that Result Processing window. And the timestamp will change if you made changes.

If that is not doing it, I would check your Environment. Configure -> Environment. If it's not set to the Global environment, or if you have enabled custom directories, it will save to a different place.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,898 Views)

@ShockHouse  Thanks for the help.  That was what I noticed where I pointed my config directory to another location under Configure > Station Options... > Preferences > Configuration Directory.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,857 Views)