NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When building deployment, install reportgen_txt.seq but when removing program don't remove reportgen_txt.seq from the TestStand\Components\Models\TestStandModels directory?

Solved!
Go to solution

Basically I want to install a custom reportgen_txt.seq file to the TestStand Dir\Components\Models\TestStandModels upon installation of the program but when I remove the program from my computer I want to keep the custom reportgen_txt.seq file...Right now when I remove the program, the custom reportgen_txt.seq file is also removed...

Anyone have any thoughts besides having to have a second deployment to install the file?

PLEASE HELP!!!  And thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,013 Views)

Use a batch file to 'move' the file to the correct directory after the installation is completed.   I have done this with a couple programs I built through the TesStand Deployment utility.

You could use the 'Custom Commands...' button from the Installer Options tab of the Deployment Utility.

Let me know if that is an idea and I can provide more details.

Thanks,

PH

Message 2 of 4
(2,992 Views)

OOOO!!!  That sounds very promising!  I didn't even think of a batch file before now!  Can you please provide some more input? 

Thanks!!  Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author queenlooners

I went ahead and implemented using the custom commands, worked like a charm!!  Thank you Thank you! 

I just added a custom command using the xcopy function (see below).  I needed three files to be copied over to specific directories once they were installed in the install directory.  My three configured files were:

reportgen_txt.seq

Users.ini

TestExec.ini

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,983 Views)