From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What value is used when parameter does not exist?

I should clarify, it's the act of re-mapping the sequence parameters that causes it to break. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(588 Views)

Quite interesting - b/c if missing parameters really use default values, then calculated value in the expression will contain division on 0 - what should drop an error at the end... Can you check during run-time, what is the value of the resulting (calculated) parameter for that expression?

By the way, did you use "Check Expression for Errors" for the expression step? It also does not drop an error?

Call sequence by expression - this is option for Sequence Call step type (there is checkbox upper than "Use Current File" option, for selection of subsequence to call). It allows to select sequence to call by expression, not in the fixed way.

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(587 Views)

@kosist90 wrote:

Quite interesting - b/c if missing parameters really use default values, then calculated value in the expression will contain division on 0 - what should drop an error at the end... Can you check during run-time, what is the value of the resulting (calculated) parameter for that expression?

Yes, it isn't using default values, it's actually using the values passed in! I am monitoring the value of the calculation during runtime.

By the way, did you use "Check Expression for Errors" for the expression step? It also does not drop an error?

If I check for errors, it does tell me that the parameter does not exist.

Call sequence by expression - this is option for Sequence Call step type (there is checkbox upper than "Use Current File" option, for selection of subsequence to call). It allows to select sequence to call by expression, not in the fixed way.

I see, thanks!

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(584 Views)