NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the proper location of customized FrontEndCallbacks.seq in TestStand 4.2?

Solved!
Go to solution

TestStand 4.2

Windows XP

I need to modify the file 

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 4.2\Components\Callbacks\FrontEnd\FrontEndCallbacks.seq

I'd rather not modify this file inside the <TestStand> directory.  The TestStand Manual seems to indicate that I can copy the file to

<TestStand Public>\Components\Callbacks\FrontEnd\FrontEndCallbacks.seq

On my system, this would translate to

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\TestStand 4.2\Components\Callbacks\FrontEnd\FrontEndCallbacks.seq

However, the TestStand Engine is not reading my modified copy of FrontEndCallbacks, and the only way that I can seem to affect the FrontEndCallbacks is to replace the file in the <TestStand> directory.  Do I have my modified file in the right location?  Am I missing something here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,059 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pdobratz

TestStand 4.1.1,  I have a customized FrontEndCalbacks.seq in the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 4.1.1\Components\Callbacks\FrontEnd

Your directory you indicate contains Application Data that is only used for the Cfg directory and associated files:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\TestStand 4.1.1\Cfg

I would double check the documentation for the <TestStand Public> directory, because as I recall it was pointing me to the correct location for TS 4.1.1.

Thanks,

Paul Holzrichter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,057 Views)

Dont forget to shutdown your TestStand and then relaunch it so that any new changes will take affect. Otherwise, if you just drop in your callback seq file in the <TestStand Public> while TestStand is still running it will not use it because it's already loaded into memory the version from the NI folder.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,041 Views)

It works.  I was confused between directories referred to as <TestStand Public> and <TestStand Application Data>.  On my system <TestStand Public> is

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 4.2

and <TestStand Application Data> is

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\TestStand 4.2

Further confusing the matter is the fact that Windows displays the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ as "Shared Documents" in some locations.  However, the real filename of the directory is "Documents," but the bits in the desktop.ini file cause Windows Explorer to display Shared Documents (though it still says Documents in the Address bar).

Also, you don't need to include the LoginLogout callback in the customized version of FrontEndCallbacks.seq in <TestStand Public>\Components\Callbacks\FrontEnd.  TestStand will still call that from the version in the <TestStand> directory.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,029 Views)