From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct way to use Version Information from the sequence and from the deployment tool

I seem to be missing something in how the various version numbers are supposed to be used.    My end goal is to log and possibly display in the UI the version of the sequence and which installer version was used to inspect a UUT.   I have gotten most of the way there using:

How Can I Programmatically Query the Sequence File Version of My TestStand Sequence? 

and logging this into the report with a function which contains:

Parameters.UUT.AdditionalData.SetValString("Test Version",1,RunState.SequenceFile.Data.Version),
Parameters.UUT.AdditionalData.SetFlags("",0,PropFlags_IncludeInReport)

The "Deployment Version" in the TestStand Deployment Utility auto incrementing the 3rd position of a version number  while the sequence auto increment is working on the 4th.   

My first question is are these 2 version numbers in anyway supposed to be related to each other?   As it seems to me you would want those 2 reversed, I can make several installers based on sequence version X, making changes to what supporting files are also installed.

If they are not related as I suspect that they are not.  How do I programatically grabed the installer version and also log that into the result report?   

is there an option to perform a custom deployment build step to log the deployment version before it builds and then reference that log at runtime of the test?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,077 Views)

Hi,

The sequence file version and deployment versions are not related.

You can build the installer with whatever version you want using the command line :

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-38947

Hope this helps,

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,065 Views)