NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to organize LabVIEW VIs to be used with TestStand?

I'm using LabVIEW 8.6 with TestStand 4.1.1 and I'm trying to organize the VIs to later deploy them to a production PC. So, I organized them into a LV project and built a LLB with the "Source Distribution Tool". (Destination type: LLB)

Some VIs in the LLB use the "Call Library Function" (user32.dll) to simulate keyboard events. But, when any of these VIs is called from TS, LabVIEW is suddenly terminated. When these same VIs are not in the LLB and are called from TS they do not have any problem.

Is the LLB the best way to organize VIs to be used with TestStand? If so, What could I be doing wrong?

I appreciate your help.

H.P.

Mfg. Test Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,121 Views)

Hi,

Could you post a small project highlighting the problem.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,102 Views)

Hi Ray,

I really appreciate your intention to help, but I believe I solved the problem already. However I still have some questions.

The problem was that when I built the LLB the configuration of the "Call Library Function" changed. When the LLB is built it is also created a Support Directory named "data" that contains some dependencies including a new copy of the user32.dll. The "Library name or path" field in the "Call Library Function" changed to be linked to a new Dependency Path. ( ...\data\user32.dll.)

What I did was select "Specify path on diagram" and create a path-constant ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll"), so the "Call Library Function" will be always linked to the original user32.dll.

I still don't know why the "Call Library Function doesn't work with the user32.dll copy in the New Dependency Path. And I'm not sure if the LLB is the best way to organize VIs to be used with TestStand.

Do you know why?

Thank you,

H.P.

Mfg. Test Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,086 Views)
Hi,

There is not a reason that you would have to build the LabVIEW VIs into a LLB, but it will not cause any problems.

-Adri K
Adri Kruger
National Instruments
LabVIEW Product Marketing
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,038 Views)