cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: The Process Model does not define the parameter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've been using TestStand 2014 and I'm cleaning up the warnings. There's the following Warning that I do not know how to resolve:

The Process Model does not define the parameter 'Some_Parameter'. When you execute the sequence, the callback will not pass a value to this parameter. National Instruments recommends deleting this parameter to be consistent with the process model.

The sequence is called by another sequence as a SequenceCall and I have no issue with parameters and everything works as expected. I get this with multiple *.seq files. I don't know how to fix the Warning or make it defined by the process model.

Here's a snapshot:

The process model does not define the parameterThe process model does not define the parameter

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,222 Views)

It's pretty clear that you don't understand how callbacks work in TestStand based on this post.  Here is a link that will hopefully shed some light on it for you: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/6605/en/

If a sequence is green (i.e. MainSequence in your picture) that means it is defined by the process model.  In other words, you should not add any parameters to it.  If you do want to add parameters then you need to go add them to the process model.  I do not recommend this either unless you know what you are doing.

Maybe you could help us understand your goal and we could point you to a better solution?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,206 Views)

One more thing I should note:

You won't get errors when running because the process model ignores the parameters.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,205 Views)

Thanks,

That's odd because it always worked. The people who originally created those sequence files (main sections of test procedures with calls to SubSequences which included Test Cases etc.) to be called by a main sequence (Main test procedure) added a lot of parameters which I recently cleared the unused parameters of all MainSequence and SubSequence (default checked). However some MainSequences called still have parameters and they work without any errors or issues as the values are pushed/used in other MainSequences called.

From what I take from your reply is that I should move everything within a Mid Level MainSequence (main section of test procedure files) into a SubSequence and call the SubSequence from the Top Level MainSequence (Main Test Procedure).

Somewhat of a visual representation of what I have now:

MainSequence (Main Test Procedure.seq)

Call MainSequence (Section 1-1.seq) with parameters (in/out) and all of section 1-1

SubSequence for section 1-1.1.1

SubSequence for section 1-1.1.6

Call MainSequence (Section 1-2.seq) with parameters (in/out) and all of section 1-2

No SubSequences

I originally suggested using multiple Sequence files for Main sections as it would be easier to track the changes in SVN/Git/CVS.

I implemented all the calls to drivers and libraries as SubSequences of said driver or library. Which could be the reason why I don't have Warnings in those sequences. Example:

Analog Input.seq

Main Sequence

Basic test to validate each subsequence of the file.

SubSequence AI Voltage 1Chan 1Value (with parameters)

SubSequence AI Voltage NbChan 1Value (with parameters)

SubSequence AI Voltage 1Chan NbValue (with parameters)

SubSequence AI Voltage 1KS/s (with parameters)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,179 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Foreshadow20

Not sure if you read the link on how callbacks work and what they are.  MainSequence is a Model callback.  Meaning the process model defines it.  I would rename MainSequence in your section sequence files to be something else.  For instance call it Test.  Or at the very least disassociate the sequence file from any process model (which probably why some of them don't give you the warnings when you analyze). 

As a rule of thumb- never change, add, or delete parameters from green or purple sequences.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,163 Views)