From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Views on the default generated tables (UUT_RESULT, STEP_RESULT... and more)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to get a view of the measured data, which makes sense and this selection is put to use for further processing.
My question is: Are there some views of the prepared tables (UUT_RESULT, STEP_RESULT... and more) that are generated as default to the database on the SQL server?

Thank for help

Machulda

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,563 Views)

Hello Machulda.

I am not sure wheter I understand correctly your question. Do you want to see some preview of the measured data in the database or rather

structure and relation between tables?

For the first case you need to open TestStand Database Viewer (Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>TestStand xxxx>>Tools). Then you can load your database and see the

structure. Data can be viewed by right clicking on table and view data.

For the second case, go to TestStand Help and navigate to Fundamentals>>Database Logging>>TestStand Database Result Tables>>Default TestStand Table Schemas

Unfortunately there are not graphical iterpretation of table relations but you can figure it out from description of tables.

Regards,

Daniel Haupt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,530 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Machulda

Machulda,

no, there are no views provided with the TestStand schemas, at least i am aware of none.

My guess is that views are first of all possibly depending on the database provider and the actual database setup. The schema defines the minimum setup of the database to log data into from TS, but the database can be much more complex.

A second point is that display of data can be desired in a different way regarding the use case. Is a table appropriate? A graph? Remember that if NI would provide such a view-interface, it would have to cover all these options. So essentially, it would become a complete new tool as frontend for your custom database.

I don't say that it is impossible, but it would be too much effort to provide it as a "general addon"....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,527 Views)

Hello Norbert,

thank you for your answer. I created own views to the database. As you wrote I use own database with connections to the tables schema from TestStand. The views or insert I will use for further treatment data.

Machulda

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,438 Views)

Hello,

I use a c# to divelop an appliacation operator of teststand,

i want show reportview in an other form when i click in the button show report

i use a AxExecutionViewMgr ans AxApplicationViewMgr in the first form;

when i use in the first form AxExecutionViewMgr.ConnetctReportView(AxReportView) is not acceepted because AxReportView is in an otherForm;

Please What i use de conect this object (AxReportView) in the First Form

tahnk you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,304 Views)