NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViOpen BFFF003C

I get this error randomly when I am running TestStand 3.1. I cannot tell why it happens.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,938 Views)
This is a VISA related error. Are you using NI VISA? If so, what version? Thanks Nandini NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,915 Views)

I don't think I am using VISA, all the instrumnets I am using are GPIB. Unless the GPIB communication is through VISA. In any case is version 3.3. Are there any patches?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,909 Views)
GPIB is indeed through VISA ! Please see the following link to the latest upgrade.
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/CC5A993FEFA83D498625704600677AE7

Thank you

Nandini Subramaniam
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,902 Views)

The patch didn't fix it, I did noticed that it's the same instrument giving the error. Do you think there is something wrong with that particular instrument? FYI, This error happens randomly throughout the test, but the same instrument.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,890 Views)
Are you able to see and configure the instrument in MAX? Is the problem exclusively with TestStand or do you see the Viopen error elsewhere too?

Thanks
Nandini
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,880 Views)
Hi Joe,

Are you only getting these errors in TestStand? or are they occuring outside of TestStand as well?

There may be problems communicating with that instrument. You can test this by trying to communicate with the instrument through MAX. Simply right click on the instrument in MAX and select "Communicate with Instrument". This will open a simple dialog box where you can send commands to the device and see if you get the correct responce back.

Hope this helps,
Matthew Slaughter
Applications Engineer

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,855 Views)

The error doesn't happen all the time, it is very random. The test runs all day, but this error happens about 4 times in a 8 hr shift.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,847 Views)

This KB will describe the error you're getting.

http://www.ni.com/support/labview/visa/verr5.htm

Basically, check in your TestStand that you are closing any VISA session that you open. If that doesn't solve the problem, just let me know.

Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,813 Views)
Well, the instrument die over the weekend. So apperantly it was the instrument it self. Thank you for your support.

Javier
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,798 Views)