From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow TestStand Deployment - any ideas?

I have a TestStand system which is taking a very long time to analyse/build the deployment in the deployment utility.

All of my VIs/code modules are contained within a single LabVIEW project, the project has ~400 VIs in total (most of which are relatively straightforward OO VIs for interacting with hardware). The code modules are contained in either LV classes or LV libraries and they are specified via the LabVIEW project:

2018-05-02_23-54-00.png

It takes well over an hour to build the deployment. The analysis also takes a very long time *unless* I already have the LabVIEW project open (but I have to close it before building, otherwise the deployment errors). In both cases where it takes a long time - I can see the LabVIEW loading dependencies dialog keep reappearing (loading the same files).

It seems like LabVIEW keeps loading/unloading the project during the deployment for every operation (analysing file, updating file links etc.).

Any ideas/suggestions on how to speed this up?

I tried to set what I thought was the 'optimum' configuration (e.g. combining projects, removing unused members etc.). I had also tried to use PPLs in the past (either by building the PPL in LabVIEW, or using the TestStand deployment option - neither of which I had any success with).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,293 Views)

What happens if you remove the project context in the LV steps?

Please note that using PPLs is recommended in two setups:

a) Put EVERYTHING TS calls into a single PPL

b) Create, test and build a sophisticated setup of multiple PPLs in LV before even creating a single TS step calling into them

Anything in between includes a high risk of issues.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 2
(2,260 Views)