From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version control of .csv limit file?

Hello,

I am currently using TestStand's Import/Export properties for the limit file generation and limit file importing from a limit file to sequence. There are numeric limit tests, string value tests, units etc. in a file.

I want to include some kind of version control to my .csv limit file. I am wondering how to do that? There could be version number somewhere in the limit file like "version 1.2". It is needed only for human use purposes and there is no need for teststand to read it.

BR,

Jick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,177 Views)

You can add user defined entries for version information.

I tried with this example :

<version>,Variable Value
Draft,1.0
Final,1.1

The other approach can be to use a variable - local.fileversion.

Update this variable and then generate limit file.

This value will be uploaded during import and can be used to validate the limit file if required.

Ofcourse this will result in an additional variable in all sequences.

Message 2 of 5
(3,174 Views)

I got new error when exporting and importing a limit file. I use in both Start and End of Data Marker: <Sequence>. Exporting goes fine but when I try to Import I get: "The number of data start markers in the limit file is greater than the number of data end markers. Found 2 start marker(s) and 0 end marker(s) in the limit file."

Jick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,172 Views)

Maybe the start and end marker has the same name.You can open the limits file and cross check.

You can use the sequence tag name to start the limits and use the file tag name to end the limits.

Message 4 of 5
(3,170 Views)

Cool, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,168 Views)