From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verifying GeneralEngine.cfg

Hello everyone,

As part of trying to verify that any given test station is running the TestStand distribution that I intended I have approved hashes for sensitive files stored in a secure place. In my process model, before any test will execute it verifies the local distribution hashes match the approved set of hashes. This was going really well until I noticed that "GeneralEngine.cfg" likes to change all the time, but is also critical to the way TestStand operates and I can't just exclude it from the hash checks.

I identified that the  "FileDialogDirHistory" section of GerneralEngine.cfg is the one that seems to change often. Is there a way to disable storing the file dialog history? If not, anyone else have an idea of how I might verify the engine is set up the way that I intend before any tests will run?

[EDIT]: I just realized I could just set it to read-only. TestStand throws a small error, but only the first time you try to write to it per session. I guess this could work.

Thanks much,

Corey Rotunno

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,363 Views)