cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIs in memory

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I needed to generate a BOM of all the VIs a test sequence used.

After a bit of research I decided that the quickest way for me to do this would be to set my sequence to preload when opening sequence files and then write a small VI to list all VIs in memory.

However, when I run the VI on one machine with the sequence file opened it reports far fewer VIs in memory then when I run it on 2 other machines. (the 2 other machines are reporting correctly).

Is there a setting that I haven't come across that dictates how many VIs can be loaded to memory or could there be an issue with the first PC?

All PCs are Dell i7s with 8GB RAM.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Iain

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,186 Views)

Hi,

Do you need a full insight of the VI used ? (even the ones which are only called as subVIs)

If not (you only need to list the steps), you can use Tools-»Sequence file documentation...

It will output a lot of information about your sequence file without having to even run it.

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,149 Views)

Hello CyGa,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I do need to report all sub VIs if they have been designed for the project.

It's a shame that the sequence file documentation doesn't list them as that is a nice like tool that would have saved a lot of time!

Iain

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,138 Views)

Hi,

So it seems that your VI listing VIs in memory works on 2 machines... What are the difference between this station and the 2 others? (SW speaking).

How is set your LabVIEW adapter? Is one set to use IDE and the 2 others to use the RTE?

Would you be able to share your VI ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,131 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author iain.wicks

Hello CyGa,

sorry for the delayed reply, I have been away from the office!

It turns out that some of my instrument drivers had failed to install. I reinstalled everything and now my VI reports the same as the other 2 machines!

rookie mistake!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,089 Views)