NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Broken in UI using LV RTE but not in SeqEdit using LV RTE

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm at a bit of a loss on this one and I'm in need of some NI TestStand wizardry on how to resolve this problem.

Using the following:

Windows 10

LV 2016

TS 2016

NI WLAN Toolkit 16.0

I've got an issue that I've found in the niWLAN 80211b Generation and Measurements.seq that ships with the toolkit but it's also happening in my code that is derived from that example.

Once I reload the VI prototypes and update the types in that sequence I can run it fine in the LV dev adaptor as well as the LV RTE when I'm in the Sequence Editor.

However, once I switch to the UIs (and I've tried all of them in every language and full-featured as well as simple) and try to run the code with the LV RTE I get the classic error -17600 on the first VI called in the WLAN toolkit. I've tried reordering the sequences within the file and it follows that the first VI found will error out.

To repeat: running the seq in the Sequence Editor with the LV RTE as the adapter works just fine, zero errors. Running the exact same sequence in any UI results in error -17600.

I'm at a loss on how to even troubleshoot this issue and would appreciate any assistance as I've tried iterating as best I can and am at my wits' end.

Test Engineer - CTA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,854 Views)

Is your UI built using LV? If so, can you try to build your UI with anything build LV 2016?

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,851 Views)

As noted in the post this behavior happens with any shipping UI in any language.

Test Engineer - CTA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,848 Views)

Sorry missed that in your previous post. 

To help debug this issue further, can you try the following:

1. Restart the Sequence Editor

2. Make sure the adapter is set to execute VIs using the RTE

3. Open your test sequence

4. Execute MainSequence. 

Does your sequence run without errors or do you have to reconfigure some steps?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,835 Views)

The sequence runs fine the Sequence Editor with RTE as the adapter. It throws the error I mentioned in every shipping UI with zero changes to search directories and adapter.

I run though these steps again and I didn't have to reconfigure any steps.

Test Engineer - CTA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,821 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jon_M

A colleague pointed out that you might be hitting a known issue with path lengths. 

Can you try to move the UI from the current location to say c:\temp and running your sequence?

Message 6 of 8
(2,807 Views)

That fixed it! Is this documented somewhere?

Test Engineer - CTA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,804 Views)

Hi Jon, 

TestStand R&D is tracking this CAR with ID 430428. We recently found this bug with this specific toolkit in the last month and will update our documentation to reflect this bug. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,784 Views)