NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Non-Administrator Windows Accounts results in sequence editor Crash.

Solved!
Go to solution

Sequence file has an activeX/Com type step which tries to initliaze the Agilent 34970 device. This step is work fine with windows admin account but result in app crash when we try to run at non-admin [a.k.a: standar users]  accounts.

You can  find the error report picture at the attachments.

I guess it happens as a result of some restricted right on "C:" drive that standard users have, but I could not find which folders I should grand access.

I try to give write access to "IVI foundation" folder  and then  "program files(x86) /national instruments" and finally I grant write access to the "c:/programdata/nationalinstruments"  but could not solve the problem.

We are using test stand 2010i by the way.

Is there any one to help me out of this dead lock?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,111 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ziyasen

Hi ziyasen,

The most likely cause of this issue is permissions on the SeqEdit.exe file itself. It'll probably need to be run as an administrator in order to work.

Jiwhan S.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,072 Views)

Hi JiwhanS,

I grant admin privillieges to the  local computer user by using "RUNAS...." windows command just for running  SeqEdit.exe, and it solve the problem as you mention.

But it is still annoying, that a user should have admin privilliges just to run a sequence file.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,006 Views)