cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IMAQ Image controls in LabVIEW steps

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi guys

So far, I was using TestStand 4.0 together with LabVIEW 8.5 and Vision Development Module 8.5 with no problems. Recently, I've updated to LV 8.6 and VDM 8.6. I've started to experience weird problems when using LabVIEW steps with inputs/outputs containing IMAQ Image controls. When I try to click on such a step in seq editor, or try to insert a new step into the sequence, the step initialization takes a very long time (tens of seconds) or freezes completely. I've also tried to upgrade TS to version 4.1, but no difference. Also, my colleague experiences very similar symptoms on the same software setup. The only difference is that on his machine, it takes only a few seconds when you click on the vision step. However, the steps not containing an IMAQ Image control behave normally, i.e. you can't experience any "initialization time" when clicking on them in the sequence.

To illustrate, I'm attaching a simple VI containing nothing more that a single IMAQ Image control. If you don't link it to the connector pane, the VI works fine when inserted as a TS step. If the IMAQ Image control is linked to the connector pane, TS freezes when inserting such a step.

Vladimir

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,036 Views)

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for posting on the NI Discussion Forums. This was reported to R&D (#123249) for further investigation. The only workaround I can offer for now is to work with the VIs from version 8.5 of LabVIEW if they have vision controls linked to the connector pane. Thanks for the feedback!

Chris_G
Sr Test Engineer
Medtronic, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,980 Views)

This issue is related to the one described in this forum post: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=330&message.id=21046

When a solution is found, it will be posted there.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,915 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vladimir_Drzik
The problem that causes this behavior has been identified.  More information is available here: Known Compatibility Issues with TestStand and LabVIEW 8.6
Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,828 Views)