cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User input prompt

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to let the user give some inputs before the test starts. I would like some sort of dialog to appear with some default values, and let the user be able to change them. Is this possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,593 Views)

You can use the Message popup step type, or create your own step in your favorite language!

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,591 Views)

Just thought I'd mention that I already tried the message box approach, but that's not really what I'm looking for. There are about 10 variables, strings and numeric, that I would like the user to see and be able to change before run time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,590 Views)

Sorry, I didn't see your post. Is a LabView GUI an option?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,587 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author q-bertsuit

Yes, you just have to create a VI, call it using the "Action" step type, select Show VI front panel when called. Then you can link your VI output to testStand variables!

place your step in the Setup step group or override the PreUUT callback.

Rodéric L
Message 5 of 7
(4,585 Views)

Thanks! Makes perfect sense. I'm having some troubles linking my output to a testStand variable though. I have a numeric array out from the VI and a numeric local variable in TS. In the module tab of the action I've added the name of my variable, Locals.Local, without any errors, but the values doesn't seem to get in the variable when I run the test. Is my approach wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,579 Views)

If your VI output is a numeric ARRAY, then I guess (without seeing the sequence) that the issue is you are trying to link a SINGLE numeric variable in teststand...

Rodéric L
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,576 Views)