From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined TestStand app.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using .VI applications with TestStand 2012. I have base deployment engine license and my applicaitons are working just with one user on computer. If I login with another user on computer , some applications not working and giving '' error loading step ...'' and '' Failed to load VI ...''. Do you have any idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,822 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author muratvatansever

A lot more detail is needed.  However, my guess is that your files are located in that first user's directory (e.g. C:\Users\UserName\Documents)

When logged in as another user, TestStand's search directories can't find the files from the first user's directory.  I would first set up the search directories (Menu->Configure->Search Directories) and make sure the directories for the sequence and all code that's called is somehow covered in all of the search directories.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,808 Views)

Hello ,

I copied the “ C:\Users\existing_user\Documents\Labvıew Data “ and pasted in  “ C:\Users\new_user\Documents\Labvıew Data “. Now all executables are running for existing and new users.

Thanks for your informations.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,761 Views)