NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Info Box very slow when typing information

When typing in the user information  in the User Info Box it dramatically slows down, the characters are delayed and sometimes displays "(not responding)" message.

I don't see this dramatic slow down when the rest of the test sequence runs..

JC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,102 Views)

Hi JC,

What dialog are you referring to? Are you referring to the login dialog?  If not, when is this dialog step run and is it run from your client sequence or the process model?

Also, what version of TestStand are you using? 

Jessica
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,080 Views)

Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry its really the "UUT Info Box (where you enter the serial number)" after you login and click the "Test UUT" button, I'm using Test Stand V3.1 and the NI full featured operator interface.I'm using the client sequence file. Its also slow at the end of the sequence when the "Test Passed" banner is displayed and you go to click "Ok" button.

Regards

JC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,071 Views)

Hi JC,

I have a couple more questions for you.  Does the Not Responding message appear across the top of the UUT Information dialog box?  Can you attach a screen shot?

I also want to confirm that the slow behavior is occurring when you type in the Test UUT dialog, not when pressing the OK button.  Also, the slow behavior appears with the UUT Result dialog (i.e. Test Sequence Passed message)  upon clicking the OK button.

Are these dialogs called from the process model or did you implement them in your sequence file? 

Lastly, I assume that you are using the sequential process model, is this correct?  Have you modified the process model?  If you have, can you try this with the shipped process model?  

Jessica
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,052 Views)