NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use steps (Labview) and other steps (C - dll) in the same teststand sequence file

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning all,

I am working on a TestStand sequencer where I use steps (Labview).

Now I want to interface a maintenance software developed in C (via dlls) with this same sequence file.

So the question is whether I can use two languages "Labview" and "C (dll)" in the same sequence file? knowing that the adapter configuration is initially on labview.

I am really stuck.

I will be very grateful for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,086 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Yak6

Note : original answer here, in french, translated here for non-french reader community members

Hello,

You can mix Adapter in a same sequence. This is done in the Mobile device test demo, that you can find in <TestStandPublic>\Examples\Demos\Mobile Device Test\Mobile Device Test.seq. It mixes LabVIEW, DLL and .Net calls.

In the sequence editor, you can select the adapter for next step instanciation, in the Environment toolbar, or in the Insertion Palette :

Adapter selectionAdapter selection

You also can modify the adapter for an existing step, by using the Step Settings » Properties » General » Adapter selector:

Step Settings » General » AdapterStep Settings » General » Adapter

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,031 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Yak6

If you don't seem to be able to change the adapter, you might want to show the adapters by unchecking the Hidden option in Configure->Adapters

santo_13_0-1617398205345.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,000 Views)