NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Sequence Translator to import Test Stand generated Sequence File Documentation

Hi,

I have been supplied with a text file that was generated using the Test Stand Sequence File Documentation feature in Test Stand 2010.  Is there a Sequence Translator DLL available to translate this text back into a sequence file?  I have looked at creating a new Sequence Translator project but if there is one already out there it would be a lot easier!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,655 Views)

How was the text file generated?  If it was done by changing the file to just an INI or XML format then you can just change it back.  If it was done by writing the file to HTML through the Tools>>Sequence File Documentation tool then I doubt there is something that exists out there.  Because the problem is the datatypes don't exist in this format and going back to TestStand would be pretty much impossible, unless you took a best guess at the datatype.

Plus, I can see this as a violation of a whole bunch of license agreements.  Say someone gave you the sequence file documentation as their customer and you are trying to reverse engineer their code to rip it off.  That would be bad.

Can you not retrieve the sequence file that generated the documentation?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,639 Views)

I lied.  It looks like the datatype info is there.  This translator would be quite the beast!  Good luck with it. 

I'm pretty sure nothing exists out there.  Most people just grab the sequence file used to create the documentation.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,637 Views)

HI,

That's what I thought, but it was worth a punt.  It's a TPS sequence file that was documented years ago and since then new servers, backup drives and incompetence has led to the actual sequence file going missing.  For a one-off task it will be quicker to just rebuild it manually.

Appreciate you having a look.

regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,619 Views)

Agreed!  Sorry to hear.  It's a pain when there isn't good documentation or a vault or source code control.

At least you have the File Documentation.  That's better than I've had to deal with in some cases.

Don't hesitate to post if you have more questions.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,609 Views)