NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update "Default Additional Results"

We have a several sequences already built and for several of the custom step types, we've added some "Default Additional Results". These do not seem to automatically get added to the steps that are already in a sequence. If we drag in a new instance of the step from the Insertion pallett, it does have the additional results. 

Am I missing something or is there not a way to have these update from the Step Type? It will take A LOT of work to find and update all the steps.

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,601 Views)

Do you have the 'Apply Changes in this Dialog to all Loaded Steps of this Type' checked on the General tab of the step type properties?   Also, they have to be in memory for them to update.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,595 Views)

It does work on my development machine when I add something. I do make sure to have the Apply Changes checked and everything I have open.

The real issue is the customer has several other sequences that I don't always have. They are building thier own tests using the Step Types. These are the ones that end up without the new "Additional Results".

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,593 Views)