From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update VI Calls doesn't work with TestStand User Interface application

If I run Update VI Calls from the Sequence Editor, it works fine. It displays a popup dialog allowing me to select options for updating VI calls. However, if I select Update VI Calls from any of the TestStand User Interface application, I don't get the popup dialog. Update VI Calls doesn't seem to do anything. I tried this with the LabVIEW, CVI, and other user interface applications. I have TestStand 4.1 and LabVIEW 8.5.1 installed. This seems to be a bug.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,016 Views)

Hi,

This maybe an editor function only and therefore you would have to launch the UI in editor mode, eg testexec.exe /editor.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,006 Views)

Hi Ray,

I already tried editor mode; I just forgot to mention it. Any other ideas?

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,995 Views)

Hi Paul,

Do you get any kind of error message? Which Operator Interface are you using (Full Featured / Simple)?

I was able to run it on my machine that is running TestStand 4.1 with LabVIEW 8.5.1. The only thing I had to do was move the dependent assembly TSDotNetLib.dll from <TestStand>\Bin to the directory of the Operator Interface. 

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,965 Views)

Hi Jervin,

Yes, that was the fix. Copying TSDotNetLib.dll to reside alongside my UI executable fixed it perfectly. Thank you very much.

It was unfortunate that I didn't get any error message or notification. And this behavior applies to all of the UI executables.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,955 Views)