NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unload Single Sequence during debug

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to unload a single sequence from the standard full featured UI during debug?

I have a large test program that contains multiple sequence files.  The initialization sequence contains a few LabVIEW FGVs that store reference information to test equipment.  During debug it would be nice to edit a single VI without having to stop and restart the entire sequence execution.  If I use the typical "File/Unload All Modules..." from the UI during a break I can edit the VI but I lose all the test equipment references in memory.  Is it possible to somehow add a function to only unload the current sequence file on the fly?  I know I can do this by adding the expression "RunState.Sequence.UnloadModules()" in a given sequence step but I only want it there during debug.  I tried adding it to a separate sequence file that gets called by a new Tools menu entry but I can't figure out how to get a reference to the calling sequence file to unload just that one sequence module.  I don't really want to have to create a new UI just to add this function.  Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jason       

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,385 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jason1

RunState.InitialSelection.SelectedFile.UnloadModules()

The InitialSelection object is pretty awesome if you ask me.  

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 3
(2,356 Views)

Thanks jigg!  That works perfect. I wasn't aware of this object before.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,331 Views)