NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to query a crosstab query result (TestStand results database .mdb)

Solved!
Go to solution

Any help greatly appreciated!

I would like to merge records from a crosstab query but am getting an error. Any suggestions?

Situation

The following results are queried from our TestStand results database (mdb).

We have the following CrossTab Query output. See how the data is scattered over two records for the same circuit?

2 Crosstab Results By Test

UUT_RESULT.ID

STEP_RESULT.ID 

CircuitProp

CurrentProp

VoltageProp

We’d like to merge these records like this:

2 Crosstab Results By Circuit

1. ID

CircuitProp

CurrentProp

VoltageProp

The Error:

Unfortunately, when I attempt perform a query of the above crosstab query results, an error occurs:

The Microsoft Access database engine does not recognize '[2 Crosstab Results ByTest].[UUT_RESULT].[ID]' as a valid field name or expression.

Thoughts:

I suspect Access does not like the "." in "UUT_RESULT.ID".  That is a result of the crosstab query, however, and I can't see how to change it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,982 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author flundquist

Hello flundquist,

You are most probably correct in assuming that the peroid (.) in the name of the column is the problem. See this link.

I am not very familiar with CrossTab queries, but i have read that it operates on a single table. If this is the case, i am assuming you might have created a join of STEP_RESULT and UUT_RESULT tables first, so as to get the single table to execute a Crosstab query. If so, isn't is possible to rename the columns as you create the join?

I have also read that you can modify the column headings for a CrossTab. Please see these links: youtube, msaccess.

Unfortunately, I could not verify that this works but i hope it helps.

Tinu

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,957 Views)

That worked!  Thanks TInu!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,901 Views)