NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find all subVIs from saved VIs, again

I'm using TestStand 2010 SP1, does that make a difference? i'm not seeing any lvproj files in there??

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,509 Views)

In TestStand 2010, the deployment project is removed from Temp when the Deployment Utility is closed. However, if you build the deployment and check the Temp folder before closing the Deployment Utility, you should be able to open the LabVIEW project.

Once you have it open, you can right-click on the top tree item which says "Project: DeploymentProject.lvproj". From here, you will see choices such as "Find missing items", "Find errors" and "Find Items Incorrectly Claimed By This Project". By clicking these choices, you should be able to see any conflicts or errors within the LabVIEW project, and this should provide useful information to help resolve those issues.

Message 12 of 17
(1,504 Views)

Wow, I wish I had know about this a few years ago, this is incredibly helpful, thank you. This will give me something to chew on for awhile, appreciate your help Daniel.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,500 Views)

Daniel-E

This is excellent.  Openning the temporary project and attempting to build (which failed) gave an error that I was able to hunt down and fix.

Are there any plans to make these errors visible from the Test Stand Deplyment Utility?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,459 Views)

Hey James,

We are always working on improvements to the Deployment Utility and would like to make it as easy as possible to resolve errors encountered during the process. For our benefit, as well as the benefit of other forum users browsing this thread in the future, could you let us know what error you were seeing in the Deployment Utility, what you saw when you built the project in LabVIEW, and how you resolved it? 

Thanks, and I'm glad the information about the temp project was helpful!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,452 Views)

The error found this way for my project was a .dll incorrectly linked to a location that no longer existed, a former location of some drivers that were installed into a location that was different than what the driver program defaults to. I'm still not understanding why LabVIEW did not catch this problem, but being able to see the temporary project let me know exactly where the problem was, after that it was just a matter of time until I solved the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,448 Views)

I'll try to go through the steps I took:

1) Attempted to build using the deployment utility.

2) This failed, I did not close.

3) I went to my temp folder, and opened the latest project.

4) There were two build specifications:  One I recognized as the user interface executable for our test station.  The second was a something new I did not recognize, something along the lines of "teststanddeployment[randomhexcharacters]" (I don't really remember the name, I just know it wasn't something in the orgininal project).

5) I opened the new build specification, and attempted to build, which was unsuccessful.

6) The errors mentioned that it could not find a particular DLL (from one of our software products).

7) I closed out the temp project and opened my original project, and saw in the dependencies:

particular.DLL

particular.DLL [has been moved/deleted/yada yada]

particular.DLL [has been moved/deleted/yada yada]

😎 I right clicked the DLL files that the project could not find, and selected Find ... Callers

9) For each caller, I opened the VI, was prompted to find the dll again, saved the vi.

10) Once all callers had been resaved, the extra DLLs were removed from the dependency list, and I was able to successfully build in the deployment utility (I reloaded the project VIs into memory fist - I'm not sure if this was a necessary step.

One observation:  the "resolve conflicts..." icon was not active in my project (neither the temp nor original) even though the DLLs could not be found.  I'm not sure if that is intended or not.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,446 Views)