NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUT Test Design

I'm hoping someone can offer a design suggestion. I want to eventually open a sequence file associated with a UUT.  I would like each step to send (via Ethernet) a command to the UUT that it receives and in its own processor, kicks off that particular test (or set of tests) and reports back whether the test passed/failed. The tests within the UUT are currently written in C, but the TestStand OI and any other high-level tests (controlled by the PC) are written in LabVIEW (v8).  If a test fails, I'd like a subsequence of tests to be performed (fault isolation tests).  Thoughts?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,697 Views)
I'm not really sure what you are asking for. This would seem to be a pretty simple task and the fact that the internal tests are written in C or any other language is irrelevant. I'm assuming that when a test completes, the UUT will respond with some sort of string (i.e. " test x passed"). You can write a LabVIEW test step to send the command and parse the response. You can make the step type either a string value test and have TestStand check the response or you can have a Pass/Fail step type and do the comparison in your VI. If you make it a string value test, then the response from the UUT is automatically logged. If you want the UUT response logged with a Pass/Fail step type, you can write the UUT response to Step.Result.ReportText. The fault isolation sequence would be controlled with a precondition. Select the test step and select Insert Step Fail.
Message 2 of 2
(2,694 Views)