NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUT Result = "Passed" while Step Result = "Failed"?

Hello All,

I am using the default NI sequential process model and have all of my steps set to "Step Failure Causes Sequence Failure", but somehow at least one test has failed a test step and logged a passed result tot he UUT_STATUS database column.  The recorded measurement was well outside of the limits.  Screenshots of the database records are attached.

Can anyone help me to understand how this could happen?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,761 Views)

Thanks for posting the detailed information, Aaron.

Based on what you posted, I can't make a determination as to what might be causing your issue. Could you please post the complete step settings tor the test in question?

One thing I did notice that stood out is that the Test Socket Index is -1. In TestStand, test sockets are enumerated beginning at zero, so seeing -1 for this property is odd and I would recommend looking into that.

Mark Ridgley

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,729 Views)

Without being able to see the code itself, I'd look at the failing step and check the Step Failure Causes Sequence Failure under Run Options. If that's not checked, the corresponding SequenceFailed flag for the calling sequence won't be set, and propagate up to the MainSequence, where the overall status is determined.

Hope this helps.

-Jack

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,719 Views)