From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUT Dialog parallel testing - refocus

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created a program to do some parallel testing in test stand.  I'm using the standard CVI dialog to scna a serial number, I am having problems with scanning another number while a VI is running.  (this vi just displays a count down timer while waiting on data.), however when this pop-up runs, I can't get control of the UUT dialog to scan another unit serial number.  Need the pop-up to kind of run in the background so I can scan a serial number in.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,405 Views)

Hi hallawt2004,

I'm a little bit confused on what your issue is. Is it that when your countdown VI pops up, you lose window focus of your CVI dialog? If that's the issue, are you are able to click on the CVI dialog again to get focus back and can then scan another serial number in? If this is the case, I can recommend some next steps, but I just want to make sure I 100% understand what you are having trouble with.

Mark M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hallawt2004

Solved, so when I had the countdown vi running, I had to changed windows appearance property to default, not modal or float.  This allowed the UUT Dialog to stay focus so that another serial number could be entered, while a test socket was running a test.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,324 Views)