NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6525 how to configurate in Teststand?

Hello, i need to comunicate whit this card USB-6525 and i dont know how. Can you explain me, how i can configurate usb-port in the NI 6525 for Teststand? or any solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(769 Views)

Hi, There are multiple ways to communicate with USB 6525 device from Teststand. As you might know, TestStand is a Test management software so it can't communicate with your device directly. You will have to write test code modules/programs in one of the following programming environment and call those code modules/programs in TestStand to automate your tests.

• LabVIEW/CVI/NXG -> TestStand
  • Python -> TestStand
  • .net -> TestStand
  • C/C++ -> TestStand

NI does not recommend calling functions in hardware driver DLLs directly from TestStand. Instead, NI recommends that you create a code module from a supported application development environment (ADE) to interface with the driver and acquire data. You can then call this code module from a step in a TestStand sequence.

NI recommends this approach for the following reasons:

• Writing a code module in a supported ADE provides access to driver wrapper code, such as the LabVIEW NI-DAQmx Library, which is fully documented and supported.
  • Using a code module can help modularize components of the test system and reduce unnecessary complexity in a TestStand sequence. For example, instead of creating multiple TestStand steps that interact directly with a hardware driver, you can create a single code module that configures the hardware, acquires measurement data, and returns a numeric result to TestStand for evaluation.

Refer to this link to get started - https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373436f.pdf

Regards,
Dharani | CLA | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(693 Views)